Monday, March 3, 2008

Jakarta-Sidney, the journey began

16th of January, as the plane take off to Sidney my journey to Australia was began. Australia is the destinantion place for my advance study there. Excitment and worry blend on my heart thereafter. A 7 hour flight was welcomed by the windy and cold weather at the Sidney airport. Many foreigners wokers, as we called it "bule", say greet and warm smile. I remember my own country then. Only for a second I miss it so much.
The warmth welcome become unfriendly as me and some Indonesian students have to pass the immigration customs. The staffs look after us suspiciously and I nervous if something bad could be happen to me. Thank good, I passed it smoothly. Then prepare for long Journey to Melbourne.
My impression is the Australian so strict and cautios for every visitors from overseas. But after that, they are very welcome and warm. Indeed, I wonder there are many asian people in the airport, who are not visitors. They are immigrant, who live and work in Australia. I realize then Australia is not only live by the "whites" but it has coloured by many people around the world.





17th January 2008

No comments: